Thursday, September 13, 2007

Control Your Life

Controlling other people is easier than controlling yourself. We can easily control our employee to do this and that even against his preference, but it's hard to make ourself doing things that we usually don't wanna do it, it's easy to told someone to pray everyday, but it's hard to make ourself pray everyday.
Once I had a friend that has a strong leadership character, he likes to be the "boss" of everyone near him. This is a good character I think, it make him capable of leads everyone to do some good stuff, make someone more discipline. Yes in the time of uncertainty, we need a leader, a good leader. But this friend of mine is a no good leader, a good leader should be able to not only controlling people but also control himself, but he cannot control himself. He often can't control his emotion, his tongue, and his lust. He is emotionally unstable, often get mad because of little problem, when he wants something and didn't get it, he start to get angry and blaming everyone and everythings he knows, you don't want to be near him when he is angry, he might start a fight with you. He has a bad tongue, animal often come out of his mouth, the "F" words is a daily menu, it just slip of his tongue just like that. It's like a habbit to him, couldn't say anything without saying the bad words. Always makes people angry too when he's around.
Because of his bad control over himself, because he cannot control himself, many of his friend ditch him, leave him. The worse case was his friend become his arch enemy, and they fight until they both bleeding and badly injured. Many holds a grudge against him. But he never noticed, he tought that what he did was nothing, couldn't hurt anyone, but the truth is he is hurting everyone.
As a christian, I couldn't just hate him and leave him. I felt like I have a responsibility for him. Yes it's frustating to befriend someone like that, but it would be worst if I leave him. I control myself and stick with him for as long as posible, it hurt sometimes, but when we have a full control over ourself, we can handle that feeling. Sometime he makes me so angry that I wanted to kill him, and I often had a imagination of the way to kill him, and I often dream about killing him. that moment, I tought that I would lost control and really kill him, but when I pray to God, ask Jesus Christ to help me control myself, the hatred was gone, God make me strong, Jesus makes my grudge go away, and HE gave peace upon my heart. God make me able to love him again, no matter how bad he is.
I always try to make my friend understand, and feels the love of God by becoming an open bible. I live my life in God's way and people could see the image of Jesus Christ trough us if we live like Jesus. And my effort was not a waste, something happen to him, he began to change, because God changed him trough me. He often see my life blessed by God and maybe that's why, he wanted to have a better life, a blessed life, so he start changing to be like me. He mimick my life. and now he is a better man, he struggle to control himself, now he became closer to God, and making good change of his way of life.
God's love is so powerfull, and when we share this love with other people, the love of God grow stronger and more powerfull than ever. I already share it, now it's your turn to share God's love and feels HIS gloryness and power.

No comments: